Dioscorea Elephantipes - African Tortoise Plant (Large)
Regular price $150.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Five year old specimen Dioscorea elephantipes plant. Exhibits trademark “tortoise shell” caudex and leafy vine.
- Enjoys a loose potting mix.
- Plant pictured is the exact specimen that ships.
- Currently growing in a six inch wide square pot, but ships bare root and dry for safe transit.
- Care instructions: Place in a warm, bright area (out of direct sun) and water around the edges of the caudex (never on the growth point on top). Wait for shoots to appear. Once the vine starts growing, you can water regularly when the soil is *almost* all the way dry.
- Going dormant: When the leaves turn yellow and start to die back, cease watering and move somewhere cool and lower light. Tends to happen in Summer but can also happen anytime the plant feels like it. They have a mind of their own! After a few weeks, move back to the warm bright spot and wait for new growth.
Pair with my Cactus and Succulent mix for excellent drainage.